CANCELLED - THE TEXT BELOW IS FOR POSTERITY PURPOSES ONLY, UNLESS SOMEONE ELSE WANTS TO PICK UP THE THREAD. THE INITIAL ORGANIZER CAN NO LONGER ORGANIZE THIS
Date: Friday 19th October
Venue: Nyet! Can we get a local venue to host? A local micro-brew or winery as sponsor? Nerds drink lots.
Who's Helping Out: Add your name to the list if you can help out - the more the better! Even if you're a visitor (eg. AOIR people), you can contribute.
- Jean Hébert - jeanh at clicknoise dot net
- Phillip Jeffrey - phillipj at ece dot ubc dot ca
What it is:
People with a shared interest in open content and free culture in Vancouver (and the AOIR crew, too, of course).
What it could be:
- A cocktail party
- DJ Ryan Fantastic has confirmed he will spin, and hopefully rig up some sort of chiptune mechanism! More DJs TBA
- PIE THROWING EVENT!!!!!
- This will be a fundraiser. I'm encouraging any and all tech (or political) luminaries to come forward and volunteer to take it in the face for people who don't usually get pie. Proceeds will either benefit homeless/hungry youth in Vancouver, and/or the iCommons initiative. We can organize a pledge drive pretty easily for something like this. Anyone know anyone besides me who'll collect pledges and take a pie or two (or ten) in the face? Invite them to our party! I want us to throw 50 Pies at this thing.
- Interactive 8bit/chiptune music?
- Lightning talks (just for fun - there are some silly party games we can build around these)
- Suggest something!